This is a humorous take at the life and allied itineraries of people who hails from the small land strip called Kerala,more popularly know as Mallus outside. Welcome to Malluism...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pazhampori(Banana fry) craziness

I am damn sure, that I don't have much readers, so don't have much motivation to post and keep this blog, but this I am doing out of sheer boredom.

Well, I study at Gandhinagar(it is more of a village than of a city), Gujarat, I have to travel for 36 hours to reach this place from the one and only Thrissur. I usually take the trains such as Okha, Happa and all other weird named trains, which has led to 1001 questions from relatives and acquaintces, (as in when i say i am going on this and this date...they will ask which train...i will say as a good boy.. happa express..then comes the typical Malluism comment of "Actually happa is some what north of jamnagar, i had gone once in 1965 sometime and all that story" and it will end with more questions on how is happa..how often you been there and my god, i want to say kill me...)

But the story I wanted to tell is about the Banana fry(pazhampori :) ) and how crazy Mallus are for it... One incident I remember ..I don't have the privilege of travelling in the IInd A/C..but I dont miss the opportunity to sneak in to meet my friends who usually travel in IInd A/C...this time also as usual i am coming back from thrissur to gandhinagar(after a grand farewell from family and friends at the railway station...)... i was chatting in the IInd A/C compartment with my friend, it was usual time when our pazhampori comes, even i am waiting for this, but usually by the time it reaches the a/c compartments it looses all the charm :)... and putting an end to our wait, the pantry person came shouting 'pazhampori' .....we jumped to get the first grab, but there was only two left, that too of the type,which will be a true disgrace to the species of pazhampori's .But suddenly, a middle aged uncle jumped from behind, beating the kungfu panda style, putting a claim for pazhampori..he claimed that he had told the pantry fellow yesterday night itself at Cochin station(my god ..how crazy can one get for pazhampori)... i was in no mood to let go that pazhampori which could have been one of the last pazhampori for at least 4 months before i go home again.. We fought for ten minutes and finally we won, I and my friend had that pazhampori in a victorious mood, as if we won a battle. But the scene that i could never forget in my life is the facial expression of that poor man, he got so dejected, his face shrank as in a Adoor goapalakrishnan movie, he spend the rest of time cursing us and making faces at us.
Look what a pazhampori has done in a train journey.

Second incident, the same situation, i am going home from Gujarat, this time, I saw the greed for pazhampori, this military personnel, from Kerala, he was sleeping the entire time, for at least for 1o hours, but as soon as the pazhampori comes, he jumps up and shouts "Give me 8 pazhampori", very one looks at him to see this amazing personality , he smirks and he start eating as if he is just released from concentration camp .


What ever said and done, I had enough Pazhampori experiences to come to a conclusion that it is also an integral part of Malluism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

typical pompous northindian.