This is a humorous take at the life and allied itineraries of people who hails from the small land strip called Kerala,more popularly know as Mallus outside. Welcome to Malluism...

Friday, January 11, 2008

First response and my response

Hurray!!! I got my first response for the blog and happy that it came from a fellow Mallu. Vivek menon( thanks a lot man) commented on my first post Malluism as follows
"Malluism as you say is such an integral part of us- whether its the Tattukada Porrotta Beef fry or the ubiquitous Lungi - We are the "Sophisticated Country fellows" "

Thanks a lot for reminding me of the Tattukada parrotta beef fry and the lungi. It was an year back this happened. I took one of my close friend home, he is a Northy, and a so-called Brahman. I played the role of good host and took him all around Thrissur, he was fascinated by the greenery and slow pace of life in Kerala. In the evening I thought of treating this Bhramin to some good non-veg and parotta(non-veg in North begins with Chicken and ends with Mutton), and after ordering him parotta and chicken,I thought of treating to our own Mallu delicacy of parotta and beef.He took one beef slice to taste, that was the end of the world, he just can't stop, he went on to eat 6 parotta and at least 2 and half plate of beef (Tendi). After this atleast every semester break I bring a couple of to-be beef eater's to Kerala . Every time I go back from Kerala now it is a practice to carry beef roasted. My friends believe the staple diet of Mallu's is beef and parotta.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nalla beef thinna kaalam marannu.
ente vaayil kappal odikkaam.

good niche u have found

Anonymous said...

update update!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.